Re: Stereo question

To: Dean Dashwood <ddashwoo@ect.enron.com>
Subject: Re: Stereo question
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 11:36:43 -0700
Dean,
I installed a single CD player in my son's Mk2 Spitfire.  It fit right
into the opening in the dash support without modification.  He just
could not use the face plate with it installed.

As with Cassettes, you probably have ti have the car in 2nd or 4th gear
to insert and eject the CD's but you would be well advised not to do it
in any car while maneuvering in traffic, anyway!

Regards,
Joe

Dean Dashwood wrote:

> Hi guys!
>
> Been out of the office for a bit, and just finished catching up on the past
> week's e-mails - you don't realise how many e-mail you get if you read them as
> you get them, one at a time.
>
> Anyway, it's been a while since I've seen a thread about car stereos, so here
>we
> go:
>
> Has anyone installed a CD player without a multichanger in their car?  Is
>there
> room to get a CD in between the gearstick and the stereo on a 1500 Spit
> (single-rail)?  I've taken a CD out to my car and tried to see if it would
>fit -
> with the car in 4th gear, it's really close whether I'd actually be able to
>get
> a CD in or not.  If there's no room, I'll probably go for a multichanger, but
> I'd rather not because of cost and space.
>
> And another question - if you want to mount speakers in the panel behind the
> seats, at the sides of the gas tank, what's the biggest size speaker you can
> actually fit into this space?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dean (with no money for a stereo, but dreams, and Christmas coming up...)

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer