Is silicon brake fluid unavailable in the UK!?

To: "spitfires@Autox.Team.Net" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Is silicon brake fluid unavailable in the UK!?
From: "T. .R. Dafforn" <td214@cam.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 10:36:21 +0100
Having just rebuilt the brakes aftera 2 year restoration (copper brake
pipes and braided hoses) I was hoping to refill the system with silicon
to stop all the good work from rusting (not the brake lines of course)
and more importantly stop the paint work from getting shitty when the
inevitable leaks occur..
Unforunately everywhere I ask for the stuff I get the same answer,
" can't get it anymore"
"supplies have dried up (sic!)"
"won't stock it as it is too expensive"
Does anyone have any idea where in the UK I can get some of this stuff,
and how much its going to cost?
cheers
Tim

--