Seat frames

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Seat frames
From: PLOSCAR@aol.com
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 00:32:46 EDT
I am recovering the seats in my 67 Spit Mk III and am now realizing that
there is a difference between the driver's and passenger's seat frames.  I
acquired the car not too long ago and wonder if the previous owner had them
installed correctly.  This car has low back seats without headrests.  Is the
narrow side of the seat back the side closest to the door?   Also, any
suggestions on installing the hog rings.  I see hog ring pliers in the
Eastwood catalogue, but wondered if there is any practical substitute.
Finally, the hog rings which secured the old bottom seat cover to the back of
the wire frame were visable.  Is this normal or the result of a poor
installation?  If it is from a poor installation, any suggestions on how I
can avoid the same mistake.  As you can see, this is my first time attempting
the replacement of seat covers.  The instructions that came with the new
covers are fairly scant.  Thanks for any ideas.

Bruce Larson