Re: SU Fuel Lines

To: Spitfire List <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SU Fuel Lines
From: Ken C <kenwc@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 1999 15:15:47 -0700
Thanks guys,

Boy, I wish that's all that needed to be done... Let's see, waiting for the
trans / od to be finished, that should take care of the drive train, the
body is next. It's at a friends shop getting the floor 'derusted'. Other
than that, not too much body work, other than sanding and surface prep
(which I dislike doing a whole lot). Painting is next, still haven't decided
on a color, although white is a current favorite (black interior). I did
check with the local auto paint shop and acrylic lacquer is still available,
this means I'll be doing the painting. Lacquer is sooo forgiving, especially
for idiots like me. After that, mount the body and all it entails. Finally,
the complete interior. BTW, ordered most of the interior from Rimmer, taking
advantage of the free shipping, cost so much that the credit card called and
asked about the unusual activity !!  Hoping it will be delivered shortly.
And lastly, a name !! So, maybe this project will be done next spring /
summer. And that's assuming the money doesn't run out ! But, hey, it's great
fun. And when it's all done, an almost brand new Spit, with a lot of money
and time invested, that is worth probably 1/2 of what's invested. But if we
were here to make money... <VBG>

Ken C.