RE: Seat alternatives

To: "'Simmons, Reid W'" <reid.w.simmons@intel.com>,
Subject: RE: Seat alternatives
From: "Mitchell, Douglas (D.B.)" <dmitchel@ford.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 09:40:18 -0400
Reid,

You've heard from a couple of others already, but I thought I'd chime
in on this as well. I had some 'custom' seats installed in my Spit
many years ago. (Sorry, it was so many years ago I don't remember the
brand (1976-7)). I found that the slides needed to be drastically modified
to fit, the seats were not all that comfortable, and depending on how
tall you are, you may have clearance problems with the top.

Keep in mind that the Spit has a very narrow area between the trans
tunnel and the outer rail. This restricts the width of the seat, or
necessitates raising the frame up to where you will hit your head on
the soft/hard top.

I ended up going back to the original seats, and then had the after-
market ones stolen from my shipping crate when I came back to the
States.

Cheers,

Doug Mitchell
dmitchel@ismi.net
'73 Spitfire 1500 - now celebrating 24 years of ownership.