Re: Interesting Day on the lists

To: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@gte.net>, "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Interesting Day on the lists
From: "Keith R. Stewart" <kstewart@wwdc.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 20:34:00 -0400
Joe Curry wrote:
> Well guys (and gals too,  you know who you are),
>
> I just got through wading through a jillion EMAIL messages mostly
> concerning TRF and I agree with Fred.  I have seen it all before.  While
> it is not uncommon to find certain parts out of stock and on backorder,
> you really can't find fault with the parts they sell (as a rule, of
> course).
>
> My practice is:  I'll give TRF an equal opportunity to get my business,
> but I always ask the question, "Is it in stock?"  If it is, it is
> probably about the same price as anybody else sells if for and I usually
> order it from them.
>
> They are no different from other suppliers in their business style.
> They all have established practices which are there to keep them
> solvent.  Occasionally, something falls through a crack but they always
> seem eager to correct the problem.
>
> I just appreciate that we do have alternative sources of parts.  It
> would be an expensive proposition if there was only a single source for
> them!
>
> Regards,
> Joe

Don't know about all the traffic Joe...the Spitfire list hasn't seen that
much of it, but I do agree with your statements. As I have said here many
times before, I view these folks as my partners in my chosen hobby. I
remember the late 60's and early seventies when my 62 was still my everyday
car. There are parts I can get today that were not available back then. I
want these folks to stay in business and provide me with the parts I need.
I make a point of buying some stuff from each of the big three in N.A. at
least every year and the bulk of my business goes to the company that
provides the best parts and/or service. But, I need them all. Lately, I
have added into my list of "must support" places like TSI because of the
reliability improvement parts they have manufactured and the expertise they
lend to our hobby. These are the people we need....work with them.

And Joe believe it or not, you have crept into that category because of
your different initiatives that have improved our hobby. Thanks to all of
them.

Cheers
Keith