Re: Blown Head Gasket saga and a question! HELP!

To: wizardz <wizardz@toad.net>
Subject: Re: Blown Head Gasket saga and a question! HELP!
From: bob harris <harris88@rochester.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 18:33:44 -0400
Paul,
     I'm no expert,but think I would check the intake/exhaust gasket,and
header.A compression tester should tell you if you are loosing
compression or if it is just the gasket or header not sealing.
   If it is a head gasket,and coolant has gotten into the cylinder,the
sooner you dissassemble and remove the water/antifreeze,the better,if
you must delay,I would get some oil into the effected cyls. Hope it is
just a exhaust gasket.If it is,I would look for a cause.
                                                   Good Luck,
                                                   Bob Harris