Contents: '80 Spit Owner's Packet (LONG)

To: "Spitfires List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Contents: '80 Spit Owner's Packet (LONG)
From: "Jeremy Ryan Kinney" <kinnejr@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 04:55:12 -0500
I had several inquiries regarding the contents of the 1980 Spitfire Owner's
Packet being sold by British Auto Center in Seattle.  I received my order
today and here is what it included:

1.  Green vinyl tri-fold cover--With the cover laid open, the left fold is
embossed on the outside with the gold Triumph laurel wreath logo; the middle
fold has a clear plastic pane; the right fold is plain.  The cover is a
shade of kelly green.

2.  Spitfire 1500 Owner's Manual, Publication Part No. AKM 4126 Issue 3, 46
pgs.--Fits into the middle fold so the cover may be seen through the clear
plastic pane.  Color--a shade of olive green.

3.  Spitfire 1500 Maintenance Handbook, Publication Part No. AKM 4544/80, 64
pgs with index.  Fits into the pocket on the inside of the left fold.
Color--a shade of olive green.

4.  Insert entitled "Forecourt Attention."  Publication Part No. AKM
45600-Spitfire USA.  A sheet printed on both sides providing information
about consumables (fuel type-"Unleaded 91 Octane," oil, coolant, windscreen
washer bottle, brakes and clutch, battery, and tyres [sic]) and their
respective service areas.  Fits into the pocket on the inside of the left
fold.

5.  Spitfire 1500 Consumer Information.  Publication Part No. 545189/80.
Tri-fold paper pamphlet (printed on one side) with information for "Vehicle
Stopping Distances, Tyre Reserve Load, Acceleration and Passing Ability."
Fits into the pocket on the inside of the left fold.

6.  Slip of paper with cryptic message, which is:
BKM 2003 ISSUE 2
TRIUMPH SPITFIRE 1500
N A S
N/  USA 64

The inside of the right fold has two clear pockets for some type of
information, which was not included in my purchase.  I can only guess what
went in there--dealer address and driver insurance information?  If anyone
has any suggestions or really knows, I would like to hear about it.

I am really happy to have found something like this for my brother's russet
brown '80 Spitfire. The packet is NOS and looks (hell, it is!) brand new.
Thanks again Walt for the tip.

Now, if you have an '80 and want one, call the British Auto Center at
206-935-0872.  The packet came via UPS Ground and was wrapped in a brown
paper grocery bag, which I did not like, but it did arrive undamaged.  No
financial interest, etc.

Anyone have something like this for a 1971 GT6 MkIII?

Jeremy Kinney