Re: '79 Spitfire For Sale

To: "Simmons, Reid W" <reid.w.simmons@intel.com>
Subject: Re: '79 Spitfire For Sale
From: Alan Lemen <alemen@ftconnect.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 21:49:05 -0700
Folks, I joined teh list a week or so ago. I live near Portland (Oregon). Iam
looking for a spitfire and looekd at thsi one a coupel of weeks ago. It has
ahda  respary in  ametallic red that looks froma  distance similar to teh
origibal carmine red that is in side. Teh carpets were shot and the floor and
trunk floor had rust. It done run OK. but has not been touched for a coupel of
years. It has as far as I could tell been sitting outside uncovered. Also the
milage was suspect 23k. and no working speedo cable and some weird electrics.
Seat inside were gone and needed a new soft top and lots of other bits like door
seals hanging off and doors felt a bit loose. I passed on it.

If anyone needs more info let me know. It had OD by the way.

Alan