Re: Smiths electronic tach question

To: Reed Mideke <rmideke@interbase.com>
Subject: Re: Smiths electronic tach question
From: Vic Whitmore <vicwhit@home.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 13:23:15 -0400
I believe the problem is due to the capacitors in the tach leaking
(electronically, not physically). I have replaced a tach in my Spit that would
go from 0 to 6000 and back constantly when underway at highway speed (e.g. 3500
rpm). The replacement was a used one and it still varies between 3000 and 4000
when the reading should be 3500. I have heard that you can replace the
capacitors but I don't know the values (I could get the book out to look a the
colour code) or the voltage rating, or the type.

If anyone has the info, I would appreciate also. Since these Smith's gages are
used in just about all BLC, there should be some universality between makes.

Vic Whitmore
76 Spitfire
Thornhill, Ontario