Faith Lives...Spitfire on the street again!

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Faith Lives...Spitfire on the street again!
From: "Jamie Palmer" <trfolks@excite.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 19:58:09 PDT
I just had to tell you folks...not only am I online again for the first time
in almost two weeks, but I drove the bargain-basement Spit on the road
tonight for the first time!  For those who don't know the story (99.9% of
you), I needed CHEAP transportation, 'cause my other alternative was
continuing to drive my Italia 2000 every day and wincing every time I got
behind a gravel truck.  Now I believe Triumphs are for driving, but that car
isn't up to it every day without me putting some serious money and time
in...so, we get to Faith.  Rather than the typical sub-$1k Honda/Toyota
etc...why not a really inexpensive, ugly but functional Spit?  Heck, I had
parts stored galore, and the remnants (sans engine and tranny) of a '71 Mk.
IV (The Beast) that I had been driving courtesy of my Mom until someone
totalled it for the second time from behind...not enough left to drive
safely.  Anyway, to make a long story short, $700 (!) later and working when
possible since mid-June have left me with another '71 Mk. IV, dead stock
except for the TR-7 wheels/tires left over from The Beast, and I took it out
tonight for the first time, top down, my wife beside me--so what if it's a
little rusty!  Car ran fine--there's nothing like tooling along on a cool
evening under the stars.  Thanks for letting me share my happy
thoughts...(!)

Jamie Palmer
(trfolks@excite.com or jamiep@concentric.net)