Tach Woes

To: Spitfire List <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tach Woes
From: Bob Norway <examiner@scci.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 1999 18:28:06 -0400
All,
Just finished replacing my Lucas CEI Ignition with a Crane Hi6500 unit
and a Crane P20 coil. Now my tach won't read above 1500 rpm! Same
problem with my Sears workshop tach. Gets up to about 1500 or rpm and
just sits steady.
This system requires NO ballast resistor, so it is not connected.
Tach(s) connected to neg. term. of coil.

Other than swapping out the coil and the Lucas amp for the Crane amp and
coil, no other changes made to the ignition system. (Other than
scratching my head for a few days 'cause I screwed up plug
connections.... :0} )

Any ideas????

Cheers,

--
Bob Norway
Rockledge, Florida
Home Page http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/Lobby/5953/mypage.html
ICQ# 3752712
***************************
Blackbird Association
Member #1263
***************************
Charter Member
TLCB - Thailand, Laos, Cambodia Brotherhood
http://www.tlc-brotherhood.org/
Udorn RTAFB Nov'70 - Nov'71
432 AMS/Autopilot
***************************
Member Udorn VFW Post 10249
Sawadee Home Page http://www.khonkaen.com/vfw/index.htm
***************************
Life Member Air Force Association
http://www.afa.org
Life Member Air Force Sergeant Association
http://www.afsahq.org/
SpitList
1976 Triumph Spitfire 1500
FM43376UO - Daily Driver