Spitfire electrics

To: tga@arrowpoint.com
Subject: Spitfire electrics
From: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <dougbert@rcn.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 20:41:12 -0500
Your idea sounds like what I would do...

Since you just got the car, here is some advice:  You will find many
4-way bullet connectors in the wiring (they look like a piece of rubber
with 3 or 4 wires going into it, two at each end).  These often fail.
The metal inside seems to simply disintegrate.  Order a dozen or so.
They are cheap.  Any time you have a flaky light or whatever, look for
bad bullet connectors in the circuit.  I have already replaced 6 in my
car, which has had no other problems in its wiring.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit