Re: Spring sag on one side (bear with me it's a little lengthy)

To: Spitfire List <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Spring sag on one side (bear with me it's a little lengthy)
From: "Victor B. Michael" <vmichael@enteract.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 20:19:12 -0500
...and I don't necessarily speak with specific knowledge - but is it not
possible that as you replace major components that the sub-components
could have caused the problem, rather than whole thing. As Barry was
suggesting the pad under the clamp...

I wondered this about my rearend noises. "If I have my whole axle
rebuilt, the noise is surely going to go away" (I couldn't rebuild the
whole axle myself in this case). Sure enough, the noise was eliminated
and it had to be some sub-component of the axle. If I had taken the time
and had the knowledge, tools, etc...I could have found it. Like the
rearend noise, though - these seem to both be vary tricky things to
troubleshoot - replace the whole d*mn thing!!!! ;)

Vic