Re: TR6 motor on engine stand

To: "econrad" <econrad@teal.csn.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 motor on engine stand
From: "Tom Ambrose" <tambrose@tir.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 13:11:36 -0400
Eric wrote:

"My problem, and I'm curious whether others have had this same problem, was
finding a way to get all four engine stand connecting arms to align well
enough to bolt it together.  It must have taken me an hour just to find a
combination that aligned."

What I did to match my tiny Spit engine and huge American stand was take the
arms to a
guy in the neighborhood so he could drill four additional holes to reduce
the radius of the arms.

I also think that I used some bushings so the bolts would fit the arms. I
then used a cherry picker
to lift the engine and bolted the stand to it while the engine was in the
air. I let the engine and stand down very slowly.

Tom