Re: Stupid Question(s) .... ?????

To: "Mitchell, Douglas (D.B.)" <dmitchel@ford.com>,
Subject: Re: Stupid Question(s) .... ?????
From: "wizardz" <wizardz@maxinter.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 13:25:49 -0400
Unless you bought it brand new from the dealer lot back in '73
and/or have a BMHT certificate saying what the config 'as assembled at the
factory'
was... I'd have a hard time believing the code was wrong.
Mainly due to import regulations and titling paperwork requirements.
That single missing letter would have kept in on the docks for a long time.

As an example...the MG engine serial number was complex enough that it even
told you whether it was an O/D equiped car or not.

The US import and customs regulations are really fastidious concerning the road
going hardware configurations and identifications of what comes off the boats.

Paul Tegler
1973 BGT - Daily Driver
Rat - 1980 Spitfire  w/  O/D - in re-hab
Punkin' - 1978 Spitfire - in Superb Shape!
email: wizardz@toad.net        http://www.teglerizer.com