Tonneau Identification

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Tonneau Identification
From: "Terry L. Thompson" <tlt@digex.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 13:17:12 -0400
When I bought my Spitfire 3 years ago, it had a tonneau cover in the trunk.
That summer, I tried to fit it, and came to the conclusion that the tonneau
is not for my Spitfire. (I don't need a Tonneau. I bought one which fits.)

It's about 49.5"W x 60"L (at it's center lines) as compared to my Spit 1500
model which is 50"W x 55"L. It has bump-outs for seat headrests, as well as
wone for the steering wheel.

The guy I bought the car from moved to New York a month after I bought the
car, and so I can't ask him what the tonneau may possibly belong to. Is
there any identifying marks on a tonneau that will give away it's mate? The
PO had been working on a Midget and another British car (which I don't
remember what it was.)

I figure I'll put it up for sale if I can figure out what it goes too.
Otherwise, I have a really, really nice drop-cloth to use when I'm working
under my vehicles or painting parts. (Ouch! That zipper really hurts when
it digs into your back.)

As always, any help would be appreciated.
Terry L. Thompson
'76 Spit 1500