Rust prevention

To: "'Spitfires@autox.team.net'" <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rust prevention
From: "Simmons, Reid W" <reid.w.simmons@intel.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 17:33:26 -0700
I had my Spitfire "rust proofed" when I originally bought it back in 1979,
and it appears that it did it's job because in 20 years of driving it in the
nasty salt air of southeast Florida, and the salty roads of Michigan I have
practically zero rust anywhere on the car.  However, I will be doing some
simple (I hope) body work and there are a few places where I would like to
add some rust proofing.  So, has anyone tried any of the rust proofing
products available in aerosol cans from your local auto supply store?

Thanks.

Reid
'79 Spitfire (original owner)