All British Field Meet, Portland, OR

To: "'Spitfires@autox.team.net'" <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: All British Field Meet, Portland, OR
From: "Simmons, Reid W" <reid.w.simmons@intel.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 14:36:36 -0700
Hi all;

I went to the All British Field Meet (ABFM) in Portland, Oregon last
weekend, and WOW!  I saw more Frog-Eye Sprites (one of my top car loves) in
one place than even when I raced Sprites.  However, the Spitfire turnout was
much less than I had hoped.  MGs and Jaguars seemed to be there in the
greatest numbers.

There was one Spitfire whose owner had installed "gas shocks" (hatchback
type gas cylinders) to assist with raising and lowering of the hood
(bonnet).  Unfortunately, I did not take measurements of the mounting
locations nor did I note the type of gas shocks used.  Has anyone on this
list done a similar modification, and if so where and how did you mount
them, and what types of gas shocks did you use?

Thanks.

Reid
'79 Spitfire (original owner)
Beaverton, OR