Re: Triumphest '99

To: tnguyen652@aol.com
Subject: Re: Triumphest '99
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 1999 07:32:59 -0700
>       I am printing out the name tags for Triumphest '99 and I see there seem
to >be quite a few of you who are conspicuously absent from the list of
registrants. >What's the story? Did you not know this was coming? Barry?
Laura? What...too >far?
*************************************
Yes, your right.  Unfortunately, Rosanne being a teacher [ the district
she's in has special rules for taking sick days] can't really just take
day's off like the rest of us, even though she has accumulated a couple of
months worth of "sick" days.  Since it's really a good days drive, she
would have needed to take at least four [working] days off.  She can't
really call in sick for a looong weekend and make it stick, specially when
some of her teacher friends might check in on her. A couple of days isn't
too bad but 6 is stretching it. - So, [damn] we won't be there!!  Really
bummed I am, as I haven't been at any British car event's this year since
the Moss-fest was also cancelled this year makes it a double whammy, and I
am suffering from BC event withdrawal!!  We REALLY anguished about this
one, because Rosanne as well as myself, really like these events and we
look at them as mini vacations.  This will be the first Triumphest that
I/we have missed since I started attending at the beginning of this decade.
 Hopefully this year is a fluke as far as events go, and we'll be going to
more next year (surely Triumphest, it's here in San Diego!!).  Since she's
my wife now (yep, we tied the knot :-}) I can't just go by myself, and in
all honesty, it just wouldn't be the same anymore without her.
    So, to make a long story short, very sadly we won't be seeing you all
there, and will truly will miss it (a double bummer as I just acquired a
digital camera and could have taken a bunch of digital stuff), but have fun
for the both of us!!  And see ya all at the next gathering!!!

72 PI, V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire (long term project)