Re: Glove Boxes

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Glove Boxes
From: mrobertson@celcorp.com
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 14:49:18 -0600
I did a little research in some parts catalogs, and this is what I've
found.

Factory Part Numbers

GT6 Mk 1
RHD Driver - 809917; Passenger - 807004
LHD Driver - 809918; Passenger - 807005

GT6 Mk 2/+, Mk 3
RHD Driver - 813745; Passenger - 813753
LHD Driver - 813754; Passenger - 813746

Spitfire Mk I, Mk II, Mk III
RHD Driver - 807072; Passenger - 807004
LHD Driver - 807073; Passenger - 807005

Spitfire Mk IV, 1500
RHD Driver - 813745; Passenger - 813753
LHD Driver - 813754; Passenger - 813746

So,  driver and passenger glove boxes for the Spitfire Mk IV/1500 and GT6
Mk 2/+/Mk 3 are the same, with LHD and RHD mirror images as required.

The passenger glove box only on the earlier models (Spitfire Mk I, Mk II,
Mk III and GT6 Mk 1) is the same, with LHD and RHD mirror images as
required.

The driver glove box on Spitfire Mk I, Mk II, Mk III is unique to these
three models, with LHD and RHD mirror images as required. The driver glove
box on the GT6 Mk 1 is unique to this model, with LHD and RHD mirror images
as required.

>From pictures I have found and images in the parts catalogs, the major
differences are in the width of the box, and the presence of a top or
"roof" to the box, but I'm not sure which number had which design. Maybe
someone else can help?

Mark Robertson
Edmonton, Canada
1969 GT6+