Re: mkII and mkIII differences. Dash Replacement

To: "spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: mkII and mkIII differences. Dash Replacement
From: "Tod Jones" <todjones@rica.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 21:07:12 -0400
I am finishing this job now I am making a 78 1500 body tub into a Mk II. I
 converted it into a roundtail and changed out the dash. It is a lot of work
but
 I think that it is worth it. I used a 1/8 inch drill bit and a cut off
wheel in my
 grinder. I welded all along the edges then welded the holes shut. be
carefull
 along the edges of the dash by the top of the doors. I found it easyer to
keep
the steering wheel bracket attatched to the dash and I cut it from the
firewall
I was able to use the paint lines to align it back up when I put it back
together.
Be very carefull when you weld it up or it wont be straight. If you have any
more
questions that I can answer please let me know.

Tod Jones
Harrisonburg Va.
todjones@rica.net

66 Spit Mk II     Rising from the ashes piece by piece
78 Spit 1500      Parts car for the 66