mkII and mkIII differences....

To: spitfires <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: mkII and mkIII differences....
From: Jim <jdeatsc1@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 1999 19:43:38 -0400
Folks,
I have an opportunity to buy a good MkIII body tub.  My car is a MkII
and I wish to clarify some things.

First, I need to check for understanding and please note that this
question only applys to the body tub.
The differences between a MkII and  MkIII are:
the side marker light holes.
the dash.
the lack of overriders on the rear. This will have an effect on the rear
bumper mounts between the II and the III.
Is all of the above inclusive and correct?

Second, the dash affair.  Has anyone had success with swapping dashes?
That is,  the metal part needs to be exchanged between the MkII and the
MkII.  It appears that one could cut the dash from the MkII body tub and
install it on the MkIII body tub so as to keep the original appearance
of the MkII.  I LIKE the placement of the instruments on the II and wish
to keep that.

Any thoughts appreiciated.

Jim

--
Rawchester, Neu Yawk
Sptifire MkII "HardWay"  FC68436L  Red, what else?