Insurance on Spitfires

To: spitfires-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: Insurance on Spitfires
From: "Bradley D. Richardson" <brichard@us.oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 1999 16:18:36 -0700
Here's my scoop on insurance.  I'm in Oregon, and my spitfires are
insurred with State Farm Insurance company.  They do NOT consider them
sports cars, but compacts.  The insurance on my spirtires is less than
my 79 Crystler New Yorker.  Yes, they will only pay me back for the
value of the car should it get stolen of destroyed, but they will give
me market value.  And, if I can PROVE that significant improvement
repairs were made that would have extended it's life, the value is
adjusted for that.

Brad Richardson
Portland, Oregon
79 Spitfire (FM90541U, really a 78 as made June 78)
79 Spitfire (TFZDW29T001453, really a 80 as made Nov 79)