new owner

To: spitlist <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: new owner
From: "Diane E. Pataki" <dep@dri.edu>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 16:16:24 -0700
Hi everyone,

I've just purchased a 66 spit!  I'd been vaguely contemplating starting
an MGA, sprite, or TR3 restoration as my sig other completed his MGB.
Lo and behold a spit appeared in the local paper, and stayed there for
quite awhile.  I was unfamiliar with spits, but finally our curiousity
got the better of us and we checked it out.  Turned out to be all
original with no rust, although it hadn't been in use since 1987 and was
in dire need of TLC.  Miraculously, it still runs!  A quick repair of a
carb leak, and we were able to drive it home, but soon realized that the
transmission is shot and it needs a new flywheel, at the very least.
We'll find out the rest as we fish the engine out of 33 years of
grease...

I'm sure we'll have lots of questions.

cheers,
Diane, Will, and the MGB