Re: Side lights not working

To: philip <cplimey@home.com>, Jim <jdeatsc1@rochester.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Side lights not working
From: Phil Johnson <gt6_man@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 08:56:42 +0100 (BST)
Philip,

Don't panic, the way the Lucas ones are calibrated is
that they will blow with a maximum instantaneous surge
current of up to 35A. The maximum continuous current
that the fuses can take is 17A. This is to prevent
blowing the circuit if there is only an initial surge
current when a circuit is operated. Likewise the 10A,
5A continuous rating.

Have fun

Phil

--- philip  <cplimey@home.com> wrote:

> I have NEVER heard of such things!!
> Amps are amps ... right??
>
> I DO NOT want to see my whole wiring harness burn up
> ......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

> >> Philip,
> >>            Check fuses,Remember to replace with a
> like fuse,Lucas 35amp
> >> is equivalant to a 17amp Buss fuse.Lucas 10 amp
> is approx 5amp Buss
> >> These are the only sizes used in a later
> Spitfire.  Hope it is that
> >> simple.
> >>
> >> Good Luck,
> >>
> >> Bob Harris
> >
> > --
> > Rawchester, Neu Yawk
> > Sptifire MkII "HardWay"  FC68436L  Red, what else?

===
Phil Johnson
Club Triumph (UK) Spitfire/GT6 Secretary
http://www.club.triumph.org.uk/

66 Spitfire4 Mk2 FC73949
68 GT6 Mk1 KC13299