Re: electrical questions, looms and such...

To: Jim <jdeatsc1@rochester.rr.com>, spitfires <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: electrical questions, looms and such...
From: Phil Johnson <gt6_man@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 10:14:24 +0100 (BST)

--- Jim <jdeatsc1@rochester.rr.com> wrote:

> folks,
> I find the loom leaving at the left A post and
> heading aft toward the
> boot.
>
> I find the loom at the boot, near the left tail lamp
> heading forward
> toward the cockpit.
>
> I find no connection where they break.  Am I missing
> something here?  I
> don't see how to feed either end to the front or
> rear without breaking
> it somewhere.

The connection between the back and front looms is
made at the top of the A post, near the fusebox, and
is made up of bullet connectors. To remove the loom
will require the removal of the LH seat and carpet, as
the loom goes under these, through a hole in the rear
of the inner sill, and then up over the wheelarch
behind the inner sill. If you do remove it, it is a
good idea to put a feed wire through the route in
order to feed the loom back through when re assembling.
===
Phil Johnson
Club Triumph (UK) Spitfire/GT6 Secretary
http://www.club.triumph.org.uk/

66 Spitfire4 Mk2 FC73949
68 GT6 Mk1 KC13299