3.27 GT6 Differential

To: Spitfire List <spitfires@autox.team.net>,
Subject: 3.27 GT6 Differential
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 17:39:18 -0700
After posting a question regarding 4.11 gears for a GT6 differential, I
got several replies from people interested in obtaining the 3.27
differential I have.

Because of this interest coupled with the fact that I have absolutely no
idea what to ask for the thing, I am therefore putting the thing up for
bids.

Here is a description:

GT6 differential, 3.27:1 ratio, 6 bolt spring adaptation, large flanges

The thing turns smoothly and the gears show no sign of wear, although
there was a bit of surface rust on a few of the crown teeth due to the
thing sitting for a period without any oil.  However, Soaking in Marvel
Mystery oil and using 1000 grit sand paper cleaned it all off.  Al that
remains is a dark place where the rust was.  I expect after a few
hundred revolutions, they will be as polished as the rest of them.

All the bearings turn smoothly and the seals do not appear to leak,
however, as with all used differentials, you might want to replace at
least the stub axle bearings prior to installing it just to be sure.

Please send all offers "OFF LIST" as to not take up unnecessary
bandwidth.

Regards,
Joe Curry

P.S.  The Differential is in The Tucson, AZ area and shipping will have
to be the responsibility of the buyer.

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer