Re: Ignition Timing - Help

To: Spitfire List <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ignition Timing - Help
From: Roger Elliott <relliott@cjnetworks.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 15:38:15 -0500
Bob,

With out knowing the history of your car, I would guess that a rebuild was
done some time and the distributor was put in the wrong position.  There is
a gear that meshes with the cam shaft.  If this isn't put in the proper way
the  distributor will be pointed the wrong way. This should not make any
real difference.  Just adjust the wires - keeping the correct firing order-
so that when the engine is at TDC on #1 that the distributor is pointing at
the number one wire.

Also if you still have a Lucas CEI electronic ignition, I would expect it to
go out at any time.

Roger Elliott