21" radiator brackets anyone?

To: "'Spitfire mail list'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: 21" radiator brackets anyone?
From: "Bowley, Glenn (GC CT)" <glenn.bowley@gerbercoburn.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 08:16:29 -0400
Hi all-
I was wondering if anyone out there had a useless 21" wide radiator from a
'76 Spit that they would be willing to strip the mounting "ears" off from? I
am planning on buying a 21" wide radiator for my ' 75 to put the cooling
issue to bed once and for all. I would rather buy the stock mounting "ears"
than fabricate new ones, but if I have to I will.
If anyone doesn't have a useless 21" radiator, can anyone recommend a
salvage yard that might have a pair of these brackets? I wouldn't think they
would be of much use if they were on a damaged radiator.
Thanks in advance!
Glenn Bowley
' 75 Spit (FM30644U
Mansfield, CT