Luggage racks

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Luggage racks
From: "Dean Dashwood" <ddashwoo@ect.enron.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 09:57:56 +0100

With all the talk about luggage racks, I thought I'd mention the rack that was
on my boot (trunk) when I bought the car.  It was an aftermarket, removable
rack.  I has four legs, with suction caps on the bottom of them.  The suction
caps hold it in place on the boot, then there are some hooks which hook around
the side of the boot (trunk) lid and are tightened by a couple of screws to stop
the rack from sliding about.

Surprisingly, it's fairly stable when it's put on correctly (but it slides
around if you try to put it on in a hurry!)  But when I removed it, I found 4
large circular rust spots underneath the suction caps, where the moisture had
been trapped against the metal.......