RE: Carb Rebuild Kit

To: "'Bollinger, Bob D. (BODB)'" <BODB@chevron.com>,
Subject: RE: Carb Rebuild Kit
From: "Simmons, Reid W" <reid.w.simmons@intel.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 09:32:57 -0700
Bob;

I recently did a rebuild on my ZS carb.  I took mine completely apart and
thoroughly cleaned every "nook and cranny" of every part (screws included!).
It was really quite easy and it now looks like new.  But be careful with the
damper spring (don't stretch or compress it), and the bypass valve.  If you
do get a rebuild kit you'll find that there are far more gaskets included
than are needed (the kit is for a variety of ZS carbs).  I am in the process
of putting my car back into stock condition so as to pass the Oregon
emissions test, so I got rid of the Weber, intake manifold, and exhaust
headers, and put back the stock ZS carb, intake and exhaust manifolds, the
EGR valve, air pump, etc.

Reid
'79 Spitfire (original owner)