Re: transmission tunnel

To: Craig Smith <CraigS@iewc.com>
Subject: Re: transmission tunnel
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 08:23:08 -0700
I sprayed the underside of mine with polyurethane foam insulation and
then trimmed it where it grew too large to fit.  Following that, I
painted it with a coating of rubberized asphalt undercoating and it has
worked well down here in the desert.

Coupled with the metallic backed carpet pad, I don't get the engine heat
coming into the car like I used to.

Joe

Craig Smith wrote:

> I just got through with this project this past Saturday !
> The ABS will accept the glue.
> I used some commercial grade insulation, the kind they make rectangular duct
> work out of. I cut and bent it to fit the underside of the tunnel, I glued
> it in with waterproof carpet glue. After it was set I covered the whole
> inside with that black plastic stuff you use as a undercover for flower
> beds. It's black and has very small holes in it. I used this because regular
> Poly plastic won't hold up to the gear oil if it leaks. This black stuff is
> resistant to oil, I figured that it won't see much water but if it does it
> will not hold it and will allow it to dry.
> That carpet glue is some strong stuff so it won't come out.
> Good luck.

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer