Re: Solo II

To: rgoodwin@ipass.net
Subject: Re: Solo II
From: "Donald H. Locker" <dhl@mrdog.msl.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 10:40:03 -0400
Won't really make any difference.  If you look at where the lateral
force is generated (at the tire/road interface, i.e. the contact
patch) and where it is transmitted to the vehicle (through the axle
shaft U-joints), you discover that the tire is trying like crazy to
get underneath the car.  That's the simplest way of explaining it.

If you want to get into roll centers, instant centers, roll axes,
lateral acceleration, the vector math and all that other stuff, lets
take it offlist.

Me, if I decide to push the cornering envelope, I'll get a camber
compensator, and maybe a rebound limiter.

Donald.