Re: Solo II

To: mikep@michindust.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Solo II
From: "john matthews" <john__matthews@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 23:18:12 PDT
Hi Mike,

If you don't go with a racing spring on the rear you MUST use some kind of
camber compensator!

The swing axle design on your car will "jack up" as soon as you get good
enough to drive it really hard. My buddy rolled his first Herald on a
freeway offramp this way.

I think Joe Curry is building a reproduction of the factory unit for sale,
check with him for details. Or, I can give you info on a homebrew unit Rocky
Entriken gave me a few years ago. I have one of these on my Herald and I
wouldn't go around corners fast without it.

Cheers,

John Matthews
'61 Herald
'64 TR-4