time to wax or wait?

To: "Spit-LIST" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: time to wax or wait?
From: "Peter S." <alfapete@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 20:44:17 -0700
As many of you know, I had the Spit painted a couple weeks ago.  I keep
hearing that wax should not be applied for at least a month or more.
Trouble is I like to wax the painted area's that would be under various body
trim, latches etc which provides good protection and allows for better
disassembly.  But this means I can not reassemble the car for at least a
month.  Its been about 2 weeks since it was painted.  What happens if I wax
it too early?

Red is an understatement for this car now!
Peter S