Re: Haynes manual differences

To: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@gte.net>, "Ali Mohempour" <ali@ucla.edu>
Subject: Re: Haynes manual differences
From: "James Carpenter" <james.carpenter@jccsystems.swinternet.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 23:29:17 +0100
US Drivers side sounds remarkable like the Oil way in the car.  This is why
you will find my Haynes manual proping open a door, and my using the
workshop manual.

The other thing is, alway look up the thread spec (not in haynes) and torque
for the bolt or nut your undoing.  Not only can you get the correct socket
befor you go any where neer the car, but it helps you locate the correct
bolt.

i.e. I believe the drain plug is a 1/2 UNF 1 inch long brass bolt with
dressed face for a felt washer.  You will need a 3/4 or 11/16 socket.

As a rule of thumb on the Spitfire, all high pressure oil related bolts use
copper washes, and water related uses felt.  Except the rocker cover where
oil is controled by felt washers under normal washers under thoes special
nut screw mutant things (what are they called).
All oil related

So I work on the car to much!

James