More brakes

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: More brakes
From: SLCL914@aol.com
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 00:48:31 EDT
OK, well, I took someone's advice and removed the calipers so that I could
push in the pistons and fit in new brake pads. Well, after I had reassembled
the whole shebang (didn't even have any parts left over)! I went looking
through the Haynes manual, and there, in italics, jumped out at me :"On no
account loosen the bolts which hold the two halves of the caliper together."
Oops...anyway, while I was doing it, I took great care not to scratch the
sealing surface, and I was very careful in mating the two halves together.
Were these precautions adequate to ensure there won't be any problems, or is
there the chance I really screwed things up?
Thanks,
Stephen LaBonte
'76 Spitfire (Monster)