Greasy rear brakes

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Greasy rear brakes
From: "John Reynolds" <jfreynolds@briefcase.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 1999 07:38:13 -0800
A couple of questions for the list.

When I removed the rear drums on my 1979 Spitfire, I
noticed a good amount of grease on the linings and in the
drum. Is this always a bad grease seal or can this be
achieved via over enthusiastic lubrication of the rear hubs?

Has anyone tried re-bushed rear wheel cylinders? It seems
the Victoria British supplied items only last a couple of
years. The bores on my two year old cylinders were worn
severely. Does anyone have a source for brass/stainless
steel
varieties.

John Reynolds

Get Visto!  Groups, event calendars, email, and more...
Check it out @ http://www.visto.com/info