Re: TRF Summer Party Car Show

To: Bill Gunshannon <bill@cs.uofs.edu>
Subject: Re: TRF Summer Party Car Show
From: William Davies <daviesw@ecid.cig.mot.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 1999 14:48:56 +0100
Bill,
        This badging sounds like a genuine European Spec TR5 - not such a
rarity over here (UK), though much rarer than a TR6!
        Cheers,
                Bill

Bill Gunshannon wrote:

> One curiosity though.  In front of the Coventry Inn was a TR5 that
> had 2500 on the side and PI on the back.  I have never seen one of
> these before.  But when I was in Europe, I had a friend with a
> Triumph 2.5PI.  We always used to wonder about taking a TR6 or TR250
> and putting the engine, trans and diff from the PI into it.  If I
> understand what I saw (unfortunately, this car must be someones
> transportation and wasn't in the show, so the hood was down and I
> didn't get to see the engine) Triumph actually sold a car that was
> exactly this.  Can anyone (like it's owner!) verify this to satisfy
> my curiosity??

                            This Message sent by:
   /                  \     William Davies
  /                    \    Total Triumph Enthusiast
/  \  ______  ______  /  \  1959 Herald 948 Coupé Y128
\__/  \     ||     /  \__/  1959 Herald 948 Coupé
\________________________/  1964 Herald 1200 Saloon
 | |                  | |   1973 Spitfire MkIV
 |_|                  |_|   1959 Standard Atlas Pickup