Re: No Spark Spit

To: <KHOCO@aol.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: No Spark Spit
From: "Wayne Burton" <Wayne_burton@bc.sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 00:26:37 -0700
>Ken Copeland

>             Installed new coil, new points, and new condenser. still nada.
>Wires to coil hooked up correctly. Voltage to coil ok. Voltage from coil
ok.
>wire from coil to distrib ok. Tried different plug wires from coil to
ground,
>No good. Tried piece of wire from coil to ground, no luck. Don't know
correct
>gap for Spit. I set them at .014.

Correct gap for spit is .014-.016 (I use a dwell meter)
Try turning on the ignition, and manually open and close the points. You
should see a spark across them.
If you dont, the condensor is bad. If you do, the coil is bad.
Was it working before you changed these? If so, put all of the old stuff
back on, and try them one at a time.

I would bet that it is the condensor.

Wayne Burton
1963 Triumph Spitfire4