Dipping?

To: "spitfires@autox.team" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dipping?
From: "MICHAEL C ROSS" <MIKEROSS@Prodigy.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 1999 22:08:12 -0400
Don't get the wrong idea here.  I'm talking about metal refinishing.

Has anyone had their triumph body or chassis "dipped" to remove paint and
provide corrosion resistance?
What exactly is the process?  Do you have to do anything to prep the body
first?  What about minor repairs?
If the process applies a zinc coating wouldn't you want to do any welding
before dipping?  Would small dents
be filled in after the dipping process before painting?

I've been told that if I had the frame dipped it would remove the hidden
rust in the channels and protect it
better than sandblasting and oil waxing could.

Thanks for any information or links.

Mike