Radiator trick

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Radiator trick
From: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <dougbert@rcn.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 1999 08:58:10 -0500

 >Just out of curiousity, I held the old pump and spun it with my hand. It
 >rotated like a flywheel. I spun the new one, and it stopped after a second.
 >I assume that's the difference between SHOT and unshot bearings?

I think it is the difference between a shot and unshot seal...

Here is a trick I did the last time I changed my antifreeze:

I completely removed the drain plug on the rear right side of the block,
jammed my garden hose nozzle in the hole, and blasted away.  It sent
a lot of brown liquid out the radiator...

Doug Braun
'72 Spit.