yay! ocoling problem seems to be solved

To: "Spitfires" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: yay! ocoling problem seems to be solved
From: "Triumph TR 7" <tr7@primenet.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 20:40:23 -0500
Sorry I haven't updated you all on things. I've been real busy at work...

Several items to contribute to the discussions here:

I ordered a new water pump and thermal switch(for the rad) from SpitBits. I
did specify for them to deliver it to my work place, but it ended up at my
apartment 3 days later. unfortuantely, I didn't get the package since a
signature was required. This time, UPS just left a note on the front door of
my apartment building, which I did not see until Saturday by chance. I
always enter the apartment through the back door. Typically they just leave
it on my door.
Eventually I got it Tuesday this week.

The new water pump looks a bit different than the old one. First, it's not
black/rusted out(heh), and the hole at the bottom is SIGNIFICANTLY smaller
than the old one. The old one was rectangular shaped, the new one was a
drilled in hole. There's even 2 holes in the fan section as well. The
instructions said there would be a bit of leakage as it adjusts to the new
mountings. Hmm. The thermal switch looks a bit different, from some German
company(same for the water pump too).

Just out of curiousity, I held the old pump and spun it with my hand. It
rotated like a flywheel. I spun the new one, and it stopped after a second.
I assume that's the difference between SHOT and unshot bearings?

anyways. I flush out the system since the chemical stuff was in there, even
though I didn't drive it it's specified 3 hours. Its okay, i have more of it
waiting. Not too much rust came out of it. Most if it was a darkish color,
which wasn't oil. I hosed 'er out until it was clear, refilled, put
everything back together, and let 'er rip.

Much to my surprise, the car ran well! It didn't overheat whatsoever in the
5 minutes of driving the thing. After the test drive, the top radiator hoses
weren't blazing hot to the touch like before. While it wasn't the most
theral of tests, I was impresed. It  didn't go beyond 3/4ths, and it cooled
down to 1/2 after I stopped the engine.

So i'll be getting  its tabs Saturday. My 'rents back from competing(well,
my dad) at Elkhart got me a nice Triumph embrioded tank top. yay!

Interesting to see the common discussions to MY problems: newly acquired
spitty with turn signal problems, and cooling discussions(on my year car
nonethless)

I just finally got the new parts back on the car. Even went the extra mile
to actually
Kids love the rich taste of web content!
http://british.nerp.net