RE: Valve adjustment

To: "'Spitfire Mail List'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: Valve adjustment
From: Dean Dashwood <DDashwood@softwright.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 13:54:02 +0100
Mike,

Both the Haynes and the Workshop manual list an order in which to do the
adjustments (which I can't remember off the top of my head...)  But the
only reason why you should do them in this order is to avoid having to
turn the engine over more than once - purely a practicality, not a
necessity, and probably the way you'd do it without the manual anyway.
BTW, the Workshop manual suggests you remove the spark plugs - I guess
this will make it easier to turn the engine.

Dean