Re: largest possible tires (was "Minilite Wheels")

To: James Carpenter <james.carpenter@jccsystems.swinternet.co.uk>
Subject: Re: largest possible tires (was "Minilite Wheels")
From: Mike Ginter <mginter@concentric.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 1999 19:08:29 -0600
I wanted to thank everyone who offered input regarding the tire size on
5.5 inch wheel question.  I've decided to pass on the wheel deal.  I
have finally saved enough money to finish my Spit this winter, but
$400.00 wheels (plus shipping) are not in the budget.

That reminds me.  Let's do a market survey.  I am considering selling my
rust-free parts car.  79 Spitfire in Denver CO.  Just surface rust on
the body.  No rust through on the frame or body.  Engine runs, but DPO
rebuilt it himself.  Oil has antifreeze in it, rod knocks.  I can see
permatex type gasket sealer that oozed out from between the head and
block.  Non O.D. transmission that appeared to be fine when I drove this
thing home last summer.  I haven't started it since.  Would anyone want
this car badly enough to come to Denver to buy it?

Thanks,

Mike
79 Spit