Re: RPM to MPH Question

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: RPM to MPH Question
From: Peter Ficklin <pficklin@qnis.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 1999 17:56:45 -0700
So Joe,
  In regards to this message, just what is your observed RPM
(more-or-less) with the 3.89 @ 70+ mph?  I'm assuming there should be no
difference in tranny (early vs. late) because of the 4th gear ratio of
1:1, right?  I've not made any calcs yet on my '64, but it's got the
1147, early tranny, and the 4.11 3rd member.  BTW, what size tires have
you got?  185R70?  I'm real close to tire purchase and I'm pondering the
three R's: RPMs, ratios, & rocket factor...

Thanks,
Peter Ficklin
'64 & '68 Spits