Re: big tester

To: Fred Thomas <vafred@erols.com>
Subject: Re: big tester
From: larry hooven <dirty_howi@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 10:55:07 -0400 (EDT)
i doubt there is any smog equipment on the car, but have you tried
disconnecting the exhaust connection to the down pipe....or do you even have an
exhaust connected...i had a similar condition when i put the 350 in my pickup
truck (true redneck who hopes to drive his lbc some day)..cat was plugged and
the pipe had about a 3/4 inch passage way through it...wouldn't get out of it's
own way. d/c'd the exhaust and took it to a shop to have em replace it. (no
welder at the time)...

hth

--- Fred Thomas <vafred@erols.com> wrote:

> Listers, this actually happened (model A) and will give some of you a
> good test of engine trouble shooting = after installing my brand new
> engine and one loud back-fire, readjusted the timing, and she started
> right-up,  this car has everything brand new, all in perfect working
> order, idle is perfect, timing is perfect, cam is perfect, no vac.
> leaks,by the book everything is in perfect working condition, but, the
> car will not go over 10 MPH no matter what you try to do, whats wrong
> ????? Correct answer gets a drink in Portland from our most gracious
> "Volunteer".  "FT"

===
larry (I hope someday to Drive my triumph) hooven 1979 spitfire fm99248u,
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/9311/index.html
"Second place is just the first loser"   -John Force
"A postitive attitude may not solve all of your problems, but it will annoy
enough people to make it worth the effort" - herm albright