Re: Bench Bleeding and Soft Top Installation

To: "Huw Upshall" <hupshall@wolfenet.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bench Bleeding and Soft Top Installation
From: "Keith R. Stewart" <kstewart@wwdc.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 20:50:21 -0400
> Second, I have never installed a soft top before, I have pretty good
> directions from the haynes manual but what is the black plate used for
> that is bolted onto the rear deck?  (1500 model)  ?  There are three
small
> holes for fasteners to be riveted on as well as two bolt holes.  Does the
> soft top have fastners installed that then just stap onto the fasteners
> that are on the plate?  Does the top get folded under the plate?
Wassup??

Huw
I think that setup is similar to the top I put on my 70 Mk3 in this regard.

The two bold holes allow the bar (black plate) to be bolted to the rear
deck. The top is glued to the underside and riveted to the bar using those
three fastners. When the top is up, those three snap fastners do nothing.
If the top is down, the hood cover, snaps to these three and the other snap
fastners around the rear cockpit. If you use a tonneau, the tonneau also
snaps to these three and the other snap fastners around the rear cockpit as
well.

Hope that helps.
Keith

    _       _