Is my car haunted?

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Is my car haunted?
From: Dean Rayner <DeanR@saville.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 11:51:00 +0100
Hello list,

I am new to this list and have been lurking for around a week.

I have a MK3 Spit and it is located in York, England.

I have a little, silly but annoying problem.  Almost every time I
start the car, the windscreen wipers perform one cycle.  This is with
the car cold or hot!!
They then work perfectly. Which is nice!

I have opened the park switch and cleaned some grease from the
contacts, but it did not improve things.  The wiper motor is the
original square bodied Lucas one.

I understand from the VTR pages that the motor is switched on the
earth side, but where is the leek???
Any suggestions??

Dean